Mike Grace, Lino Lakes Minnesota USA | E-mail: grace005 at gold.tc.umn.edu
- Tank Size
- 122 x 33 x 53 cm (48 x 13 x 21 in)
- 208L (55 gallons)
- Plain black laminate
- 4 x 40 watt normal output fluorescent, mix of 5000-6700K
- Powerhead with sponge prefilter.
- Additional Information
- At the time of photography this tank had been set up for about 18 months.
CO2 injection from cylinder/regulator/metering valve into a DIY variation of the "gravel vac" reactor driven by the powerhead.
Daily water column fertilization with "Natural Gold" and KNO3 or KSO4 based on nitrate level. Occasional substrate fertilization with "Jobes Fern and Palm" sticks, as needed.
- Alternanthera lilicina, Hygrophila polysperma 'Sunset', Egeria najas, Samolus parviflorus, Lilaeopsis brasiliensis, Cryptocoryne balansae, Nymphaea lotus "red", Anubias coffeeafolia, Anubias nana, Echinodorus 'Ozelot', Echinodorus bleheri, Vallisneria americana (gigantea), Cryptocoryne willisii, Cryptocoryne blassii, Vesicularia dubyana
- 2-Angelfish (double black), 30-Cardinal Tetra, 2-SAE (Siamese Algae Eater), 3-Red Platy, 5-Otocinclus affinis, 2-Corydoras arcuatus, 1-Corydoras rabauti, 1-Corydoras julii
- Substrate consists of "Substrate Gold" (commercially enhanced laterite) under 2-3mm natural colored gravel.
A large piece of branchy driftwood is used for planting the Anubias coffeafolia and nana.
Java moss originally anchored to misc. rocks.