Tom Brennan, Manassas Virginia USA | E-mail: drummore at ix.netcom.com
- Tank Size
- 183 x 46 x 56 cm (72 x 18 x 22 in)
- 472L (125 gallons)
- . 3x175, 6500K pendants installed from ceiling and controlled by electronic ballasts. Timer activated, 12 hours on, 12 hours off each day.
- 2 Magnum 350 with filter-floss, some seashells added to increase kH/gH. Pressurized Co2 is bubbled into one of the magnums and acts as a great Co2 diffuser!
- Additional Information
- Fertilization - 20ml TMG with weekly water changes and 8ml/day PMDD via automatic doser. Jobe's sticks or plant-tabs used under heavy root-feeders occantionaly if it looks like it needs a boost.
Additional K,N, Fe,Ca,Mg, added as needed or indicated by plants.
CaCo3 and MgSo4 added as needed to get gH 3-5, Baking Soda to increase kH to 4-5
Heating is provided by Dupla under-gravel heating cables and Dupla Temp. Controller
Co2 controlled buy PinPoint Co2 controller and probe. pH remains stable at 6.8
Water Changes are frequent with discus, waste and new water are plumbed into house mains and easy to accomplish by turning two valves underneath stand.
Wastewater is circulated into vegetable garden outside in growing season or the woods in winter.
- Echinodorus Amazonicus, Hydrocotyle leucocephala, Aponogeton ulvaceus, Echinodorus Ozelot
- 3 Discus (two blue, one red), 12 cardinal tetra, 10 neon tetra, 5 Cory, 2 Farlowella
- Substrate is laterite and 2-3mm gravel. Driftwood - One large driftwood collected locally, cleaned, cured and waterlogged over many months is located left of center and spirals from the center back to the left-center of the tank and also reaches the top of the water near the back. Floating Riccia and Glossostigma have made a home by latching on to where the driftwood is near the surface. Java fern and Java