Low Chu Chong, Singapore Singapore Singapore | E-mail: chong at pacific.net.sg
- Tank Size
- 151 x 52 x 52 cm (59 x 20 x 20 in)
- 400L (106 gallons)
- Rockscaped Background (siliconed on inside of tank)
- 6 X 40 watts flourescent totally 240 watts comprising 2 X triton bulbs, 2 X arcadia bulbs & 2 X coralife.
- Juwel Rio built-in filter rated at 1500 litres per hour, Fluval 304 rated at 1100 litres per hour, Nova powerhead for extra circulation in the front of tank. Mostly mechanical filtration. The currents are gentle enough to provide a little sway in the plants without much agitation.
- Additional Information
- Base Fertiliser: 25 kilos Greenmore fertilizer (about 1 inch) below substrate, generic fertilizer balls, initially, now switching to flourish tabs and Jobes plant spikes.
Liquid Fertiliser: Seachem flourish iron, 5ml twice weekly, Seachem flourish 2ml twice weekly.
Frequency of water change: 40% weekly changes.
- Plants (Foreground): Eleocharis acicularis, riccia flutians,glossostigma elantinoides and Blyxa Japonica scattered on the foreground for contrast.
Plants (Middleground): Ammannia senegalensis, bacopa caroliana, Nymphea lotus, limnophilia sessiflora, anubias nana, microsorium pteropus and microsorium pteropus v. windelov.
Plants (Background): Lindernia rotundifolia, Blyxa Aubertii, standing driftwood with java moss.
- SAE, Ottos, Amano shrimps, clown loaches, cardinal tetras, rummy nose tetras, lemon tetras and most of all, 6 Altum angels.
- Petrified Wood - 4 pieces for terracing, hiding plant base and roots and providing caves and crevices for the inhabitants
125 Kilos lonestar gravel (about 3 inches in front and 5-6 inches at back)
5 pieces driftwood for attaching various plants and hiding CO2 reactor.