Toh Keng Lam, Bendemeer Road Singapore | E-mail: ginaalan at yahoo.com
- Tank Size
- 60 x 30 x 35 cm (24 x 12 x 14 in)
- 63L (17 gallons)
- Rock wall ( Styrofoam)
- 1 x 15W (ADA) , 1 x 18 W (NEC)
- Internal filter, EHEIM 2006
- Additional Information
- This aquascape has been successfully set up and maintained for 1.5 years using Dennerle programmed water care method with it's respective mineral substrate, nutrients, fertilizers and active substances. Karbon buff & Nitrivec is also added as supplements for KH & pollutant removal.
C02 is regulated to 1 bubble / 2 sec (PH = 6.8)and added into water via diffuser, timing is same as the combined 33 watts lighting of 11 hrs/day. Temperature is maintained at room temp. of 29 deg C and lights are cooled by an external mini exhaust fan. Internal filter is 'on' after dark when lights and CO2 are 'off' for the plants to take a rest after photosynthesis, it disperses the C02 as well as removes waste.
25% of water is changed once a week and regular pruning of plants are required to maintain a balanced aquatic 'paradise' for the fishes.
- Bacopa cardiniana, Sagittaria subulata kurziana, Taiwan moss, Echinodorus tenellus, Bacopa monnieri, Hydrocotyle vulgaris, Rotala rotundifolia, Blyxa novoguineensis (with blossoming flowers)
- Jewel Tetra, Siamese Algae Eater, Dwarf Gourami, Ram, Green eye, Badis Badis, Caridina japonicas, Red Rasbora, platy, Dwarf sucker catfish, brown-tailed pencilfish and rainbow fish.
- 3 pieces of Driftwoods with Taiwan moss.