Michael Crampton, Pretoria Gauteng South Africa | E-mail: mcrampton at csir.co.za
- Tank Size
- 150 x 45 x 50 cm (59 x 18 x 20 in)
- 340L (90 gallons)
- Standard Fishtank background (laminated). Not a great choice.
- 2 X 40 W Daylight Fourescent, 2 X 40 Watt Flora Grow Flourescent
- Penn-Plax Cascade 1200 Canister Filter (1125 l/hr)
- Additional Information
- 40 ml PhytoFe with micronutrients every two weeks. Root tablets containing iron added every month at the base of plants.
Although this is not a true aquascape, plant species that prefer medium to low light are hard to come by in SA. Hence the eratic planting in this tank. Basically, when I could find it I bought it and hoped for the best (no planning!). Now my plants are booming and I would like a experienced opinion and this is certainly the place for that. In fact many plants, especially the Crypts, I have seen once and never again and now I am scared to move them. As you can see they are in the wrong position altogether.
- Tropical Heaven
- Cardinal Tetra, Neon Tetra, Rummynose tetra, Flying fox, Albino Rainbow shark, Siamese algae eater, Golden algae eater, Congo tetra, 3 spot Gourami, Leopard danio, Guppies, Black widow, Clown Loach, Assortment of Cory's.
- Substrate is made up of humus, vermiculite and a scattering root tablets containing iron. This is overlain with gravel (1-4mm mix). Rock were bought from the local nursary. Driftwood was bought from the LFS and cured over a period of 3 weeks. The pieces I have are over 4 years old already. There is an artificail castle in the mass of plants. See if you can see it, I can't!