Walter Zalewski, Redlands CA USA
- Tank Size
- 122 x 122 x 61 cm (48 x 48 x 24 in)
- 57L (15 gallons)
- The background is a combination of expandable foam coated with black and brown latex, and covered with peat and coconut fiber.
- I used six full-spectrum trichromatic 48
- I made a three gallon charcoal filter, stored in the base cabinet. The feed is hidden behind the wood, pulled down by a pump in the filter and returned behind the background to form a waterfall.
- Additional Information
- 1) The entire paludarium is handmade of maghogany. 2) The entire background is watered by a drip system, fed by a pump hidden behind the roots.
3) The tank also has a mysting system fed by a reverse osmosis system in the base cabinet.
4) The entire system is on a timer, located in the pull-out drawer concealed in the base cabinet.
5) This tank has been in continuous service since 5/20/2003.
- At Waters Edge
- N. maculata, N. fluminensis, N. tigeris, Tillanosias Mymercotia tuberosa, Spath, various ferns, orchids, aquaplants.
- Betta, Neon Tetras
- All the "wood" is handmade of ABS and PVC plastic. I used volcanic rock and resin-coated pebbles on the bottom.