Jyrki Granath, Turtola Finland
- Tank Size
- 160 x 55 x 60 cm (63 x 22 x 24 in)
- 530L (140 gallons)
- Hamburger mattenfiltter (biological filter)
- 2x58w fluorecent tubes, 8x 12V/20W halogen spots
- Three chamber "Hamburger mattenfiltter" in background, with Eheim Compact 1000 pump in each chamber. Also 1 extra pump behind the rocks, so water circulation is 4000 l/h total.
- Additional Information
- Rocks are not real, they are only empty shells. So fish have plenty of hiding places behind and between the rocks.
The fish are fed twice a day with self made shrimpmix, recipe resembles "aufwuch" in nature.
- "Rocky shore" of Lake Tanganjika
- Vallisneria, rock algae
- Tropheus sp. "Red Moliro", Neolamprologus leleupi, Cyprichromis leptosoma, Julidochromis ornatus
- Self made rockshells. Water conditions: pH 8,5; hardness 9 dGH; conductivity 650uS and temperature 25-26C.