Eric Weggeman, Molenhoek Netherlands
- Tank Size
- 160 x 60 x 60 cm (63 x 24 x 24 in)
- 576L (152 gallons)
- The background is constructed of styrofoam and Poly Urethane foam (PUR), finished with epoxy resin and pigments, covered with sand.
- 3 58W high output TL's:
1 Sylvania Aquastar;
1 Sylvania Plant Color
1 Sylvania Brilliant Daylight
- Eheim Classic Series 2117,
filter substrate: ceramic pipes, green filter cotton (rough filtration), peat, white filter cotton (fine filtration).
- Additional Information
- The combination of fish makes this Biotope the location where a smaller tributary (b. lateristriga and e. kallopterus) enters into the main stream of the Nam Theun River (b. altus, g. pennocki).
All fish are fully grown adults, but for the g. pennocki.
There are no plants present, since even though these fish are omnivorous, they prefer vegetable food.
- Laos - Nam Theun River
- 7 barbus altus (Thailand tinfoil barb), 5 barbus lateristriga (spanner barb), 1 epalzeorhynchus kallopterus (flying fox), 1 gyrinocheilus pennocki (spotted algea eater), wild caught.
- The wood is natural, fixed in position with PUR. All rocks are natural.