Tom Messenger, Monks Eleigh, Ipswich Suffolk England | E-mail: messy_da_legend at hotmail.co.uk
- Tank Size
- 40 x 23 x 27 cm (16 x 9.1 x 11 in)
- 25L (7 gallons)
- Black sheet
- 24w x1 compact T5 and a T8 reflector cut to size
- Elite Mini internal
- Additional Information
- Fertlisation by way of ADA Brighty K, Special Lights and Step 1. I used a JBL Profi2 CO2 kit, running at 1bps through a glass/ceramic diffuser. Water changes were done weekly, at 50% using rainwater.
This tank was designed to represent the edge of a dense forest. I have tried to recreate the thick growth of the forest floor, along with the old trees and a pathway leading inside.
- At Forest's Gate
- Java Moss (1), Xmas Moss (2), Riccia fluitans (3), Glossostigma elatinoides (4), Mayacca fluviatilis (5), Didiplis diandra (6), Hydrocotyl sp (7) ,Cryptocoryne var. Balanese (8)
- Emerald Eye Rasbora x 10, Cherry Shrimp x 5, Ottocinclus x 3
- 3 Rocks from AquaJardin, and locally collected driftwood. I used ADA Aquasoil Malaya and silver sand for the substrate.