Stephane Jousset, Indianapolis Indiana USA | E-mail: sjousset at hotmail.com
- Tank Size
- 122 x 30 x 51 cm (48 x 12 x 20 in)
- 208L (55 gallons)
- Black paper.
- 230W total, 12 hours a day.
130W provided by two 65W 6,500K compact fluorescent bulbs.
100W provided by two 25W 4,100K fluorescent bulbs in Over-Driven Normal Output (ODNO) mode (assumes normal output is doubled).
- Canister filter (Fluval 303).
Filtration media: 3 layers including 2 layers of ceramic rings pre- and post-foam filtration material.
- Additional Information
- Fertilization using Estimative Index method: 1/6 teaspoon potassium nitrate and 1/8 teaspoon Plantex CSM + Boron every other day; 1/8 teaspoon monopotassium phosphate and 1/4 teaspoon potassium sulfate every other other day; one day of rest a week.
CO2 injection: approx. 2 to 3 bubbles per second during light hours only.
Water Change: 50% to 60% once a week.
One internal recirculation powerhead opposite of filter intake.
Tap water only.
Water quality: not monitored, but water is hard to very hard, CO2 depresses pH to approx. 6.0 to 6.5.
- Nothing special
- Hygrophila polysperma
Many, many different algae
- 2 diamond tetras
- Substrate: Flourite and matured potting soil. This used to be layered but is not anymore (I do not recommend this approach).
Two pieces of driftwood.