Phil Edwards, Smyrna Georgia USA | E-mail: biotypical at hotmail.com
- Tank Size
- 30 x 16 x 12 cm (12 x 6.3 x 4.7 in)
- 76L (20 gallons)
- Three 13-watt power compact for 10 hours/day.
- AquaClear 20
- Additional Information
- Going with the theme of naturally-based aquariums, this tank is using the soil-based method described by Diana Walstad. No CO2 or fertilizers are added. Only Seachem Equilibrium is used to add some minerals to our unusually soft tap water. The biotope concept is a Atrato River floodplain shallow nursery area. The design is based upon similar habitats with stem plants and floating vegetation taking up the spaces between large colonies of Saggitaria sp. and Peltandra sp. found near where I live. My hope is that the Echinodorus will grow emersed and flower during the cooler months then the air isn't so dry from the AC that the exposed portions get dried out and burnt.
- Atrato: The River of Emperors
- Echinodorus bleheri, Myriophyllum sp., Riccia fluitans, and Lemna minor.
- 9 Emperor Tetra (Nematobrycon palmeri); 7 adults and 3 offspring.
- Manzanita wood and silica sand.