Luis Embalo, London London UK
- Tank Size
- 60 x 45 x 45 cm (24 x 18 x 18 in)
- 90L (24 gallons)
- Black cotton fabric.
- Two TCM 200 Micro led lights. Kept on for 8 hours a day.
- External Eheim 2017
- Additional Information
- I am trying to replicate the conditions of a swamped lowland area during the rain season in Peru. I based the tank on "Rio Huallaga" in Peru, an flooded area created when the main river burst its banks.
Have conditioned the water with black water extract, and the water is mixed RO, with peat on the filter. I also change 20% of the water once a week, using then a combination of tap water and RO water to fill, ensuring that the water remains soft.
Water is kept at 25C, and ph registers at 6, slightly acidic.
- Peru Underwater
- - 12 Hemigrammus rodwayi (Golden Tetra)
- I have used fine sand, driftwood, oak and magnolia leaves.