David Manthei, Liberty TX USA
- Tank Size
- 183 x 46 x 56 cm (72 x 18 x 22 in)
- 473L (125 gallons)
- Background is an adhesive/removable black plastic.
- Low-Moderate lighting provided by 4 x 39 watt T-5HO Geissemann Midday lamps. Lamps are positioned 4" above the top of the tank. Total wattage is 156 watts, or 1.25 watts per gallon.
- 2 x SunSun 789 gph Powerheads provide circulation to all parts of the aquascape. Plants provide chemical and biological filter media. No mechanical filter is used.
- Additional Information
- This aquascape has been set up for 9 months. Pressurized CO2 was used for 5 months to increase plant mass, then removed. Weekly water changes performed to remove suspended debris/detritus. Low lighting allows for low maintenance, slow growth, and little algal growth.
- Novus Initium
- Anubias barteri 'nana',
Microsorum pteropus 'needle leaf',
Cryptocoryne x willisii 'lucens'
- 4 x Crossocheilus siamensis,
10 x Otocinclus affinis,
30 x Neritina natalensis "Zebra"
(all are stricktly for clean-up, not as part of the aquascape)
- Substrate is mineralized soil capped with a mix of "aquasoil" and "eco-complete".
Driftwood and Stumps are Eastern Red Cedar, sun-cured and collected from Central Texas.
Small chunks of lime-based stone used to counter-balance the acidity of the wood and provide a hint of brightness to an otherwise dark aquascape.