#670: 35L Biotope Aquascape
Shallow and cloudy waters of rice fields at the edge of the Krabi river / Southern Thailand
Tolga Eldurmaz, İstanbul Avcılar Türkiye | E-mail: teldurmaz at gmail.com
- Tank Size
- 50 x 35 x 20 cm (20 x 14 x 7.9 in)
- 35L (9 gallons)
- My rooms wall
- smd les
- Waterfall type filter
- Additional Information
- The rice is important for Southeast Asian civilization. A large part of the world's population lives in Southeast Asia and rice is the most important nutrient for this place. Almost in Southern Asia everywhere rice farming is done. Betta imbellis lives in the shallow waters of these rice paddies. The pH of these waters is too low. Betta imbellis male's vigorously defend its territory against other males. İmbellis'es lives with danios and rasboras in this rice paddies. Imbellis males make nest from bubble around salvinia and lemna minor and make brilliant colors with females. Neocaridia and gammarus are invertebrates living here. Imbellis'es are fed by hunting them and mosquito breeds.
- Shallow and cloudy waters of rice fields at the edge of the Krabi river / Southern Thailand
- Oryza sativa, Salvinia natans, Hydrocotyle sp.
- Betta imbellis, Neocaridia sp., Gammarus sp., Lymnaea stagnalis
- I used peat for substrat. I used mangrove wood for hardscape.