#677: 450L Biotope Aquascape
Shallows Area In The Lake Shore On Nicaragua's Pasific Coast
Bilal Taha Taşdelen, İstanbul Çekmeköy Turkey | E-mail: bilal.taha.tasdelen at gmail.com
- Tank Size
- 150 x 50 x 60 cm (59 x 20 x 24 in)
- 450L (119 gallons)
- black paint
- 1 * 36w 90 cm fluorescent, 2 * 20w led projector (10 hours )
- Dolphin C1600 Filter
- Additional Information
- Lake in Nicaragua; Its surface area is 8,029 km2, its length is 164 km, its width is 72 km, its deepest point is 70 meters, its height from sea level is 32 km.
The region between Central America and the USA and Peru is the largest freshwater lake. The lake, separated from the Pacific Ocean by the Rivas Cascade, empties its excess water into the Tipatapa River with a small foot on its northwest end. The San Juan River that flows from the South to the Caribbean Sea forms the eastern part of the Nicaragua-Costa Rica border. Hundreds of islands, which are sprinkled with sunlight and create an interesting landscape, make the lake attractive for tourism. Ometepe, which has two volcanoes on it, is the largest of the islands. In addition to a variety of freshwater fish, Shark lives in sharks, tarpon (a large hunting fish that lives in the Gulf of Mexico).
The lakes shore on Nicaragua’s Pacific coast ( in left corner is like the edge of the lake ) The bottom
has whitish sand and some gravel ,along the edge rocks.Driftwood is found in this habitat.There are some swamp plants like Echinodoros spp, which grows out of the water and can be found along the lake or river bank,also Mayaca fluviatilis and some floating plants ( e.g. najas guadalupensis,Pistia stratiodes ,Salvinia auriculata)submerse only Vallisneria americana.
The chemical water parameters: ph 5,6 ,conductivity 200 / cm ,temperature up to 29 C.
- Shallows Area In The Lake Shore On Nicaragua's Pasific Coast
- Pistia stratiodes ,Salvinia auriculata,Mayaca fluviatilis .
- Hypsophrys nicaraguensis,Archocentrus multispinosa,Amatitlania nigrofasciatus,Gambusia affinis
- sand, branch, leaves, tree roots, bark, pebbles, round rocks,bush